A new adventure! Won't you join me?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lesson from "The Girls" ;o)

For my well endowed friends, this post may come as no surprise.  But for my friends who, like me, struggle to decide if I'm an A, B, or maybe a C cup is my size,  this post might amaze you!
Last week at Yeta's ( the retail store for fuller figured women in Holland where I work)  I learned something new.  Actually, I learned something new and then witnessed what I learned ALL in one day.  God uses the craziest things as teaching tools!!
First, a woman, rather busty, I might add was trying a dress on.  Her complaint was that the 'girls' just didn't fit right.  Yeta suggested that she bend forward and shake, thus the 'girls' fell right into place.   Now, being smaller than I'd like to be, I was AMAZED!
Then, later that day, I had the privilege of working with another 'FULL' figured woman who was putting on a special bra prior to trying on a beautiful special occassion dress.  You know, it is important to have the right undergarments, regardless of our size. ;o)
Anyway, I did all the hooks and eyes on the back of said undergarment and what did she immediately do?
She bent forward and SHOOK those girls until they landed properly!!
My jaw dropped!  I'd witnessed this miracle twice in one day!  And I was jealous!!
Now, what does this have to do with anything?
I got to thinking how often God has had to shake me up to put me in my place, my perfect place in Him.
Often, I get so dragged down and want to just do my own thing.  But eventually, I realize that without His support, life just sags.
Today, if you find yourself in a place of being shaken or you're feeling droopy, ask yourself what it is that you need to be lifted out of and rest in the support that only God can give.
"...Your love, O Lord, supported me." Psalm 93:18b
Blessings,
Queen Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment