A new adventure! Won't you join me?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

STRESSED? THIS IS A MUST-READ!!

So much STRESS!! How are we supposed to handle this thing called life when it seems so out of our control?
If the only stress we had was being too busy, we could simplify, cut out a few activities, regain balance.  If our only stress was a relationship issue, misbehaving children, or an irritating in-law, we work through those concerns one step at time, set some boundaries, some rules and continue on.
But what happens when we have no control over the situation in which we find ourselves?
A sick child, loss of job, loss of income, foreclosure, divorce, terminal illness, death of a loved one.  The list goes on of those circumstances we have no control over.

This morning I read from Psalm 77:1-4  the Message:
"I yell out to my God, I yell with all my might, I yell at the top of my lungs.  He listens.
I found myself in trouble and went looking for my Lord;  my life was an open wound that wouldn't heal.
When friends said, 'Everything will turn out all right.'  I didn't believe a word they said. 
I remember God-and shake my head.  I bow my head-and wring my hands.
I'm awake all night-not a wink of sleep. 
I can't even say what's bothering me.
I go over the days one by one.
I ponder the years gone by.
I strum my lute all through the night, wondering how to get my life together."

WOW! Can you relate to that?  I sure can...those troubling times when life feels like an open wound that will never heal.  Each day just brings more anxiety, fear and wonder about where is God when you need Him!!

How do we understand this?  Who can help us?  If it's God, then where is He?

vs. 7-10
Will the Lord walk off and leave us for good?  Will He never smile again?  Is His love worn threadbare?
Has God forgotten His manners?  Has He angrily stalked off and left us?
'Just my luck', I said.  'The High God goes out of business just the moment I need Him."

What do you think?  Is God out of business?  Or too busy helping someone else that He has forgotten you?

I don't have a clear answer on this, and I've been in that place of wondering myself.  But what I do know, as I look back is that God has ALWAYS come through. Not in ways I planned, I might add.  I've learned some lessons along the way.  He doesn't usually just come to the rescue and deliver the answers I've needed, certainly not as I expected.
I've had to search and stretch myself to find those answers in Him.  Pride has been kicked to the curb as I visited the food pantry when there was no money for groceries.  Sins admitted and confessed to others as the healing began after divorce.  The willingness to give it ALL to God, even if it meant losing my house and living in a cardboard box.
God's ways aren't always easy, but He does refine us along the way.
The longer I walk as a believer, the more I can look back and see His faithfulness.  Exactly what the Psalmist says and here lies our confidence:
vs.11-15 "Once again I'll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders.
I'll ponder all the things you've accomplished, and give a long, loving look at your acts.
O God! Your way is holy! No god is great like God!
You're the God who makes things happen; you showed everyone what you can do-
You pulled your people out of the worst kind of trouble, rescued the children of Jacob and Joseph."

And He will rescue you as well.  He's done it in ancient times.  He rescued last week, last month, last year, and yes, He will rescue us again.

Keep on praying, praising, and making your requests known.  You can count on Him to be faithful, in ways you may have never dreamed.
Blessings,
Queen Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment