A new adventure! Won't you join me?

Monday, August 9, 2010

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I have been challenged recently regarding my faith walk.  Who is challenging me?  No one in particular, just those little nudges on the inside.  I suspect it's the Holy Spirit, as I have asked Him to show up in a loud way and let me know what needs to change. 
Too often, I allow myself to slip into a comfortable place of just living a good life, going to church, listening the 'right' music, giving to those in need, and just attempting to be a 'nice' person.
You might think, "Oh, come on Diane, what's wrong with that?"  I suppose nothing in one sense.  But the question I ask myself is, 'is that really what I'm here for?'
Suppose God has more for me to do and be.  Suppose I'm not paying attention.  How many hurting people am I walking past each day that I could have spoken an encouraging word into their lives?
What if I miss the main reason that God put me on earth and just live out my days comfortably?   I'll still be in heaven, but I think of the people who might not be, because I missed an opportunity to share my faith with them.
Some of you taking the time to read this will think that I just need to lighten up, not be so hard on myself, live life and enjoy.  Some of you may think I'm crazy to even be concerned about what God thinks, as if He even exists.
For others, you will consider my words and also wonder, What am I missing?  Is life more than just being a good person? Even more than just being a 'good' Christian?

I know what the answer is for me: Keep asking, keep watching, seize opportunities to be Jesus to someone in need and above all, be attentive to the nudges that only come from God.

"Make sure you don't things for granted and go slack in working for the common good: share what you have with others. God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship-a different kind of sacrifice-that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets." Hebrews 13:16 Message Bible


Blessings, Queen Dee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment