A new adventure! Won't you join me?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Discouraged?





"Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take."


Wow, how good is that? To know that God is with us wherever we go and whatever we do.

As I read this from the first chapter of Joshua, I get excited knowing that God is about to lead Joshua and people of Israel into the Promised Land. How would you like to be heading to your promised land? I know, I would!!


God tells him to have courage, strength, to not be terrified or discouraged. God is going with him, protecting and guiding him in this huge endeavor.


BUT...before we get to these exciting words, let's read what God requires before this can happen-


"Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it."


"THEN YOU WILL BE PROSPEROUS AND SUCCESSFUL"


I don't know about you, but I sure like the success and prosperity part. To have God go before me and with me in my endeavors, cutting down my enemies and those things that stand in my way. But all too often, I desire the goods without desiring God. I want His blessings, His stuff for me, but forget about the first part.


Today, once again, I'm starting anew. Back on track, not turning to the right or left, but listening to God.


Reading His wonderful Book He has provided to give us guidance and wisdom to live the best kind of life.


Yes, I want blessings, but more than that, I want to know that God is pleased with me.


So, today I can be strong, courageous, without timidity or fear, no discouraging thoughts. All because I have a relationship with Someone who has my best interest in mind.

Where are you on this journey? Discouraged, doubtful, afraid or can you say, STRONG! COURAGEOUS!

Take some time, ponder these questions. My prayer is that you find that certainty that God is with you, that you are following Him into your promised land. The good news is, that even if you are uncertain and afraid, He's as close as your prayers. And I'm praying for you too...


Blessings,
Queen Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment